10 Reasons Kids Should Play Golf
Teaching your kids the value of golf is more important than ever for a number of reasons. Here’s our top 10:
- Anyone Can Play: Golf is a judge-free sport. Golfers come in all shapes and sizes. You donât have to be particularly strong, tall or lean to succeed. Even a natural lack of flexibility or athleticism can be counteracted with savvy and skill over time.
- Regular Exercise: Statistics show that childhood obesity levels have nearly tripled in the last 30 years. One of the best things about golf is that it presents the opportunity to develop healthy lifelong exercise habits, all while having fun.
- No Age Limits: Children are never too young to learn golf. In fact, the younger the better.
- Minimal Risk: Though we canât always protect our kids from harm, golf is a non-contact sport, which means the risk of serious injury is almost non-existent.
- Time Spent Outdoors: In todayâs flurry of video games, digital media and tech gadgets, it can be hard to drag your son or daughter off the couch. Golf is the perfect excuse to spend an entire day enjoying and exploring nature.
- Great Views: What sport has better views than golf? There are literally thousands of breathtaking courses to choose from. Some jut into oceans and lakes, some wind through forests and others flow through parkland valleys. Take your pick.
- Important Life Lessons: Golf is a sport that will teach your child things like integrity, discipline and respect. As they learn to conduct themselves on the golf course, these lessons will translate directly into everyday life.
- Diverse Social Connections: The fact that anyone (men, women and children) can play equitably on the same course makes golf the perfect opportunity for young players develop and refine their networking skills.
- Â College Scholarships: Avid golfers have a lot of opportunities when it comes to college funding. The earlier your child starts, the greater his or her chance is of gaining access to scholarship money.
- It’s FUN: This should probably be at the top of the list, but one of the best reasons to get your son or daughter involved with golf is that they’ll have an absolute blast. They’ll have the chance to learn a new skill and make new friends at the same time.